Lil Bit Local Privacy Notice
In this Privacy Notice:
- When we say 'Lil Bit Local Marketplace', we mean Lil Bit Local LLC and any subsidiaries and affiliates of Lil Bit Local (including any that Lil Bit Local may form or acquire in the future). We also refer to Lil Bit Local Marketplace as 'we', 'us' or 'our' - we hope this Privacy Notice reads better that way.
- When we say ‘Lil Bit Local Marketplace’, we mean www.lilbitlocal.com, and all related services, content, functionality, and transactions offered by Lil Bit Local Marketplace on or through www.lilbitlocal.com.
- When we say “you” or “your” we mean users of the Lil Bit Local Marketplace (like you!).
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lil Bit Local, Attention: Privacy, PO Box 78, 120 Doty Street, Kaukauna, WI 54130.
- What type of Information do we collect and how do we collect it?
- What about Cookies?
- Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
- Mobile Applications, Device Identifiers and SDKs.
- How do we use your information?
- Do we use ‘Do Not Track’?
- How do we share your information?
- How do you update your personal information?
- How can you better protect your information?
- Do we provide links to other websites and online services?
- Will this privacy notice ever change?
- What are your privacy rights (for California users only)
- Are children allowed to use LilBitLocal.com?
- How can you contact us?
What type of Information do we collect and how do we collect it?
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You provide information to us when you interact with the Lil Bit Local Marketplace, including when you join our mailing list, create an account, place an order on Lil Bit Local Marketplace, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by us. The information you provide to us may include:
In this Privacy Notice:
- Your contact and shipping information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Your payment information (for example, credit card, banking and/or payment details, banking and your billing address)
- The shipping information (such as names, shipping addresses, and telephone numbers) for anyone to whom you want us to ship your purchases.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the Lil Bit Local Marketplace.
- The Lil Bit Local Marketplace may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe's instructions here (instruction vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash).
Web server logs and Web Beacons
Web server logs may collect information about your device, operating system, browser, domain, and other system settings, such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located; the address of the Web page that referred you to the Lil Bit Local Marketplace; the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and other information about your interaction with the Lil Bit Local Marketplace, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place small electronic tags called Web beacons on our Web pages and in our emails, which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies. Again, without web server logs and web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Lil Bit Local Marketplace.
Mobile Applications, Device Identifiers and SDKs.
When you install a mobile app that we provide, we may use or work with partners and service providers who use mobile “SDKs” or similar code, in order to collect information such as device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), IP addresses, Internet connection information, as well as details about your device (such as device type), mobile browser or operating system, or about how you interact with our apps or services. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how our customers use our applications and make purchase, or to deliver or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. These SDKs (or other, similar mobile applications and code) may collect mobile identifiers or geolocation information, which may be precise, GPS-level information. If you would like to opt out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please go to the “Settings” on your mobile device for directions on how to do so.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your account;
- Make your experience on the Lil Bit Local Marketplace better;
- Send you information about Lil Bit Local Marketplace’s products and services or those of our retail and marketing partners;
- Display relevant advertising to you on the Lil Bit Local Marketplace and across the Internet;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, products and services (including to analyze, customize and develop new products and services; perform market research, data analytics, and data enhancement; measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; administer the Lil Bit Local Marketplace; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
The ad services we use to collect information from you may track your online activities over time and across websites. If we use a third party to collect this information, they may use this information to show you advertisements for Lil Bit Local Marketplace or others that are tailored to your individual interests or characteristics and/or based on prior visits to our Sites. We and third-party vendors may use these cookies together, and may combine them with other data we collect from you, (1) to inform, optimize, and serve ads (including ads based on past visits to the Lil Bit Local Marketplace) and (2) to report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to the Lil Bit Local Marketplace).
Do we use ‘Do not Track’?
Do Not Track is a voluntary program among Internet advertisers that is intended to give users the ability to opt out of behavioral targeting and advertising. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” settings.
How do we share your information?
We may share the information we collect or you provide with our service providers and the merchants who fulfill your orders, as well as with our joint marketing partners or contractors, for any of the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice. For instance, we may share the information we collect with service providers that provide hosting services, customer and technical support, marketing, billing, payment, or email services, security, anti-fraud or other operational support.
In addition, if you sign up for an account by clicking on an affiliate or referral link (e.g., on a social media site or elsewhere online) served by someone who has identified you as a contact of theirs, we may share your personal information with that contact. We may also inform people who identify you as their contact whether or not you have a Lil Bit Local Marketplace account, e.g., to permit them to serve as your Lil Bit Local Marketplace referral.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your personal information: if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or legal process; when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to governmental or regulatory requests; when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; in connection with an investigation of unlawful activity, and for fraud detection and prevention.
We may transfer personal information we have about you to a buyer or other successor in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Lil Bit Local Marketplace. For example, third-party providers of certain embedded content and tools on the Lil Bit Local Marketplace (such as social network plug-ins) may collect personal information directly from you in connection with your interaction with such content and tools. Such providers’ use of the information is subject to their own privacy policies, which we recommend you review. We are not responsible for such providers’ privacy practices, and those practices are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
How do you update your personal information?
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below or, where applicable on certain Lil Bit Local Marketplace, you may make these choices directly by logging into your account. You may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us.
Are children allowed to shop LilBitLocal.com?
LilBitLocal.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use LilBitLocal.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
How can you better protect your information?
We take many steps to protect your information, but we can’t promise that our security program will eliminate all security risks. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk.
But we do ask you to please help protect your information. There are a number of things you can do, such as:
- Using a unique password for the Lil Bit Local Marketplace that never has or will be used anywhere else - please think up a new one that you never used before, and please only use that password with us;
- Protecting the confidentiality of your login information- don’t give your username or password to anyone, anywhere, anytime;
- Accessing the Lil Bit Local Marketplace only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software (this makes the Lil Bit Local Marketplace work better anyway); and
- Notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity by emailing us at email@example.com.
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats. For further information about protecting your security, visit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/computer-security.
Do we provide links to other websites and online services?
The Lil Bit Local Marketplace may provide links to other third party websites and online services, such as merchants or manufacturers of products sold on the Lil Bit Local Marketplace or third party service providers that help the Lil Bit Local Marketplace operate. Linked websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content or use of any third-party websites or services or their privacy or security practices.
Will this privacy notice ever change?
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our practices or relevant laws as we grow. To notify you of any changes that we make, we will post the updated version on www.lilbitlocal.com and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was last updated.
What are your privacy rights? (For California Users)
California's "Shine the Light" law, Cal. Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to California customers' inquiries about the categories of personal information that are shared for third parties’ direct marketing purposes, over the prior calendar year.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lil Bit Local, Attention: Privacy, PO Box 78, 120 Doty Street, Kaukauna, WI 54130.